It’s Spring Cleaning Time!
Spring is finally in the air, and you know what that means…spring cleaning! Here are some great tips to reference as you start fresh this spring.
- Shake, wash, vacuum, or sweep off doormats.
- Clean your windows with a rag and soapy water. Be sure not to forget about the casings, sills and tracks.
- Remove the dust and dirt from your ceiling fan blades as well as from your air and furnace vents by using a cloth and vacuum with a soft nozzle attachment.
- Create a calendar so that you remember to replace your air, furnace and vacuum filters on a regular basis.
- Dust your home thoroughly by removing items from the various surfaces throughout your home and wiping down both the items and surfaces with appropriate cleaning solutions.
- Clean the commonly forgotten items throughout your home, such as edges, doorknobs, corners, baseboards, and window blinds.
- Move all your furniture and clean underneath it.
- Use an all-purpose cleaning product, sponge and polish cloth to clean and brighten your light fixtures. Do not forget to also clean the light switches; you can merely use warm water and dish soap to do so.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and mattresses. Make sure you do not forget to vacuum both sides of cushions and underneath them. You should also spot clean any visible stains with upholstery cleaner.
- Wash all bedding and pillows. You may consider airing out these items outside.
- Place dull-looking drapes in the dryer with a wet towel to attract the dust for about 15 minutes. Be sure to use the air-fluff cycle and hang the drapes back up immediately after the cycle ends.
- Perform a deep cleaning of your flooring. I would consider professional carpet cleaning and waxing your hardwood floors.
- Clean the inside and outside of your refrigerator. Pull out the interior shelving and wash it with warm soapy water. Wipe down the interior surfaces with salt and soda water. Do not forget to also clean the refrigerator’s condenser coil.
- Clean your garbage disposal by grinding lemon peels with water, vinegar and baking soda.
- Clean the stove top and kitchen sink. Be sure to use a de-greaser and remember that lime buildup comes off easily with vinegar.
- Use the self-clean option for your oven but be sure to wipe any major spills before turning it on.
- Organize your cabinets and pantry and dispose of any expired foods.
- Scrub your shower and bathroom walls with a cleaner and brush.
- Wipe down your outdoor patio furniture.
- Wash out all trash cans by spraying and scrubbing them with water and a disinfectant.
If you follow the above to-dos, your house should sparkle in spring’s beautiful sunlight!
Copyright 2017 Restore Construction Co. Inc. | Mówimy Po Polsku | Se Habla Español | Powered by Spot On Solutions.