Since summer is quickly approaching with Memorial Day weekend a few days away, we thought it would be fitting for today’s piece of Wednesday Wisdom to be related to outdoor entertainment. Who doesn’t enjoy a well-hosted outdoor party in a backyard or around a pool on a warm, sunny summer day?
We sure do here at Restore, but we want to ensure our lovely hosts remember to follow these five simple safety tips so that they and their guests remain safe while having fun and making memories together.
- Employ caution around open flames. While the beautiful glow of outdoor decorations and lighting, such as tiki torches, candles, and portable fireplaces, can be inviting, the decor and lighting can also fall, get knocked over, or ignite items in close proximity. Anything that can burn should be kept at least three feet from the open flame. We urge you to consider decorating with battery-operated flameless candles and/or solar-powered tiki torches rather than those with open flames.
- Place your grill away from the home and deck railings. You should also ensure it is not placed under eaves or overhanging branches.
- Check your gas tank hose for any leaks before using your grill for the first time.
- Ensure all grease and fat buildup is removed.
- Never leave your grill or open flames unattended. An adult should always be present.
Source: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Copyright 2017 Restore Construction Co. Inc. | Mówimy Po Polsku | Se Habla Español | Powered by Spot On Solutions.