Fall Safety Tips
Fall has officially arrived. As the weather and leaves change, it is important to keep the below fall safety tips in mind.
- Before using your heating system, ensure all equipment is property running and verify there are no leaks.
- If you have a central heating system, have it cleaned, inspected, and serviced by a certified HVAC contractor.
- If you have a gas heater, be sure to check your carbon monoxide detectors and verify that they are properly functioning.
- If you decide to seek warmth from a space heater, ensure it has been tested and certified by a nationally recognized testing laboratory, keep it on a hard, level, and nonflammable surface, and do not keep anything that can burn within a three-foot radius around the space heater.
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned prior to using your fireplace.
- If you enjoy the warm glow of a candle, be sure to trim the wick to ¼ inch before each use, place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface, burn the candle within sight, and extinguish the candle when leaving the room and before bed.
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors and test them.
- Check and replace any home fire extinguishers that have expired.
- If you intend to decorate for Halloween, verify that all lights and extension cords have been tested by an organization, such as Underwriters Laboratory or FM.
- Use battery-operated candles or flashlights in Halloween jack-o-lanterns.
- Practice your fire escape plan before the weather gets too cold.
- Clean the leaves from your gutters.
Copyright 2017 Restore Construction Co. Inc. | Mówimy Po Polsku | Se Habla Español | Powered by Spot On Solutions.