- About Us
October is Fire Safety Month. As advocates for the fire safety industry we do our best to share fire prevention and fire safety tips to help keep people safe. The National Fire Protection Association provides important and helpful information and resources to help keep the number of fires in the United States down. To read more about the NFPA go to their website at www.nfpa.org.
Here are a few Halloween Safety Tips to keep you and others safe this year:
Top five Halloween fire safety tips provided by the NFPA.org:
1. Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
2. When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
3. Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
4. Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
5. Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costume.
Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
Copyright 2017 Restore Construction Co. Inc. | Mówimy Po Polsku | Se Habla Español | Powered by Spot On Solutions.